Summer Sounds on the Plaza
Venue: Julianne and George Argyros Plaza
Free – Tickets Required
Founded by Kahlil Cummings in 2017, Extra Ancestral is a cultural movement dedicated to educating and entertaining audiences through the fusion of different cultural manifestations of the African Diaspora. In their performances, audiences are likely to experience genres such as Afrobeat, Reggae, Jazz, Salsa, and many traditional African musical forms of the Diaspora. Narrated through powerful ancestral dancing, Extra Ancestral provides an in-depth education of temporal and geographic borders from Africa to the Americas and back, providing lessons from the past to hone tools for the future.
Seating Info & Safety Precautions:
• All concert goers must reserve a ticket to attend.
Artists and program subject to change.
• This is a casual outdoor concert in an open plaza without seating. Audience members should bring their own folding chairs as these will not be provided by the Center.
• Seating location is unassigned and first come first served.
• Food and beverages will be available for purchase at George’s Café. Concert goers are welcome to bring their own refreshments, however outside alcohol, glass containers, tables, barbecues, and food preparation are not permitted on the Plaza.
• The Plaza can get chilly with occasional strong breezes. Please bring a warm sweater or jacket to ensure maximum comfort during the performance.
Running time (approximate):
1 hour and 30 minutes with no intermission