Summer Sounds on the Plaza
Venue: Julianne and George Argyros Plaza
Free – Tickets Required
Summer Sounds on the Plaza returns with another exciting lineup of live music reflecting a range of global influences found in Southern California. Iconic artist and musician Alice Bag takes the stage for a dynamic evening of pop-punk on the Plaza.
Alice Bag is a singer/songwriter, musician, author, artist, educator and feminist. Alice was the lead singer and co-founder of the Bags, one of the first bands to form during the initial wave of punk in Los Angeles. The Alice Bag Band was featured in the seminal documentary on punk rock, The Decline of Western Civilization. Alice went on to perform in other groundbreaking bands, including Castration Squad, Cholita, and Las Tres. She is the author of the critically acclaimed books Violence Girl and Pipe Bomb For the Soul. Her influence on popular music is highlighted in the Smithsonian exhibit, “American Sabor.” Her self-titled 2016 debut album received critical acclaim and was named one of the best albums of 2016 by AllMusic. Her second album, Blueprint, was named one of the Best Albums of 2018 by NPR and the Los Angeles Times.
Seating Info & Safety Precautions:
• All concert goers must reserve a ticket to attend.
Artists and program subject to change.
• This is a casual outdoor concert in an open plaza without seating. Audience members should bring their own folding chairs as these will not be provided by the Center.
• Seating location is unassigned and first come first served.
• Food and beverages will be available for purchase at George’s Café. Concert goers are welcome to bring their own refreshments, however outside alcohol, glass containers, tables, barbecues, and food preparation are not permitted on the Plaza.
• The Plaza can get chilly with occasional strong breezes. Please bring a warm sweater or jacket to ensure maximum comfort during the performance.
Running time (approximate):
1 hour with no intermission