Volunteer ushers help make every show a success!
We salute our ushers! Click below to download our new commemorative book:
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is always looking for enthusiastic, customer service oriented individuals to become volunteer ushers. Our volunteer ushers provide invaluable services by assisting patrons to their seats, answering questions and most importantly, creating a pleasant and welcoming environment for our patrons. As a volunteer, you will have an opportunity to meet many new people as well as see many quality performances. We value you and your interest and generous donation of time.
Upcoming Volunteer Usher Recruitment Dates:
To become a volunteer, you must complete one recruitment meeting and a safety walkthrough of each hall. We have two options for each meeting. All meetings are from 6:30pm–9:30pm.
Tuesday January 10th
Sunday January 15th
Concert Hall Safety Walkthrough
Tuesday January 17th
Wednesday January 18th
Segerstrom Hall Safety Walkthrough
Tuesday January 24th
Wednesday January 25th.
Before applying, please review the requirements of a volunteer usher:
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Willing to work as a team and dedicated to patron service.
- Able to handle heights, climb stairs, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
- Are at least 18 years old and not in high school.
- Purchase and wear the required uniform.
- Must commit to volunteering at least one day every other week.
- Access to a computer to manage your schedule through our online tool.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer usher, first click the “Sign Up To Be An Usher!” button and fill out the application. Once we receive the application, we will send you an email explaining how to sign up for a recruitment meeting. If you do not receive any emails from us, please check your spam filter.