The Ticket Services Lead under direction from Box Office, Contact Center, or Season Tickets Management, assists in the daily operations and the supervision of staff for the Ticket Services Department. The Ticket Services Lead will assist with the successful handling of customer services situations as they arise, assist with training and on-the-spot coaching of staff, and assist Management with other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and should possess the ability to communicate effectively and interact positively with co-workers and patrons.
- The individual must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks concurrently with a positive demeanor and demonstrate an enthusiastic, resourceful, and effective customer service attitude.
- This position requires daily and punctual attendance.
- High school diploma or GED, or six months to one year of related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Tessitura and ACD software a plus.
- Proven ability to lead and work well in a team-based environment.
- Superior Customer Service skills including proper phone etiquette.
- Computer aptitude; intermediate Microsoft Excel experience a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, business contracts and government regulations.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Proficiency in drafting reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, customers, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. •Skillful at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Assists in the daily operations of the Season Ticket Office, the Contact Center, and Box Office.
- Observe staff and provide on-the-spot coaching to maintain and improve customer service levels.
- Check, respond, and organize Segerstrom Center for the Arts patron e-mail inquiries.
- Assists in the on-the-job training of new staff members in the Contact Center and Box Office.
- Verifies single ticket, ADA, and subscription orders to ensure accuracy.
- Back-up coverage for Box Office windows and Contact Center phone lines and will work special ticketing events when necessary.
- Assists Center staff and patrons with customer service ticket issues, both single tickets and season subscriptions.
- Completion of other projects as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Capacity to be productive and calm under pressure.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task at an elevated level.
- Regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as stuffing envelopes and typing.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, Segerstrom Center for the Arts will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform essential functions of their job
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, which occasionally may include extreme cold or extreme heat.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and may alternate to loud depending on the shows or events for the day.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.