The Supervisor, Ticket Services position is responsible for supporting the Ticket Services department in developing, improving, and maintaining ticketing department policies, procedures and training, and staff development programs. This position supports the Season Ticket Office, assisting with the annual Season Ticket campaign, subscriber relations, issues, and transactions; supporting the Contact Center’s daily operations and supervision of staff; and supporting the Box Office with show management and ticket fulfillment. This position assists with managing the Receptionist and Office Services Coordinator and their coverage.
- Assists in ensuring the effective and efficient day-to-day operations and performance of the Ticket Services Department and its staff.
- Support Box Office with show checking, order checking, and other event-related tasks.
- Support Contact Center with staff supervision and phone queues management.
- Assist with the implementation of the annual Season Ticket campaign including renewals and new acquisitions.
- Assist with supervision of Ticket Services Leads, Receptionist, and Office Services Coordinator positions.
- Help to maintain customer service standards and support departmental customer service initiatives.
- Respond to and resolve customer service issues in a manner that supports patron retention.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of sales and cash reconciliations for daily operations and all ticketed events.
- Build effective relationships within the organization as well as with outside vendors.
- Help in the hiring of new ticketing staff.
- Give input in the training of ticketing staff and provide ongoing feedback to improve performance.
- Write annual performance reviews and deliver coaching and course corrective feedback as necessary.
*- Other duties may be assigned in support of departmental goals
- Minimum of 2 years ticketing and leadership experience, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Tessitura.
- Proven ability to lead and work well in a team-based environment.
- Superior Customer Service Skills including proper phone and written etiquette.
- Computer aptitude, extensive Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, business contracts, and government regulations.
- Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to staff, customers, and general public questions.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to be productive and calm under pressure.
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task at a high level.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as stuffing envelopes and typing.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, Segerstrom Center for the Arts will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform essential functions of their job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, which occasionally may include extreme cold or extreme heat.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All Segerstrom Center employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain medical, disability, and religious exemptions.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.