Segerstrom Center for the Arts is Orange County’s premier arts organization. The Center has earned praise both as a world-class venue and as one of America’s leading presenters of national and international performing artists and companies. Security plays an essential role within the Center to ensure a safe, secure, and friendly environment for all patrons, performers, guests, and staff who come to work or attend events within the Center campus. The Security Department protects the Center’s facilities at all times and is the department primarily responsible for public safety and emergency response.
Security Officers provide for personal safety, physical security of employees and patrons of the Segerstrom Center for the Arts.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas via fixed positions and various foot patrol routes
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Communicate by use of 2-way radios, telephones, and computers
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden objects
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Aid patrons, performers, guests, and staff courteously and professionally, providing exceptional customer service
- Prolonged standing to perform and maintain crowd management during peak operational hours in a variety of settings and during different weather conditions
- Strong written, verbal (including radio skills and etiquette), and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to build relationships and work cohesively as a team
- Work with multiple departments and different levels of leadership
- Problem-solve, remain composed and effective in a stressful situation.
*- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor in support of departmental goals
- High School diploma or equivalent desired but not required. College or university education experience is a plus.
- Ability to evaluate situations, follow guidance and training to exhibit good judgment in resolving issues
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Exercise alertness and be able to act quickly, calmly, as trained, and with good judgment in an emergency
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- Candidate subject to clearance of a background check consistent with security industry standards.
- Frequently stand/walk and go up and down stairs during prolong shifts
- Occasionally sit for extended periods during office work
- Demonstrate manual dexterity to perform desk-based computer tasks
- Must be able to communicate clearly in both verbally and written
- Must also be able to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch
- May be required to lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds periodically
- Must possess good, correctable near- and farsighted vision.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, Segerstrom Center for the Arts will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform essential functions of their job
- Regular exposure outside weather conditions
- The noise level in the office environment is usually quiet
- The noise level in event spaces may be loud, at times.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.