Segerstrom Center for the Arts is looking for motivated, sales minded individuals to join its team of outbound calling representatives. The Center’s Calling Center assists the Development and Marketing departments with outbound calls to solicit donations and season ticket sales. This part-time position involves calling the Center’s existing donor and customer base, discussing various membership levels and/or subscription offers and processing donations and season ticket package sales. Calling Center Representatives work a minimum of four, 4-hour shifts per week at varying schedules.
- Making outbound calls to Center donors and ticket buyers
- Soliciting membership in the Center’s Friends of the Center program
- Soliciting season ticket package sales
- Processing membership and subscription sales
- Cultivate and upgrade existing gifts from donors while continuing to build new relationships with prospective donors
- Be customer service oriented
- Sensitive to the potential buyers’ or donors’ comments and concerns
- Strive for one day turnaround of any information requested by potential donors and managers
- Supportive and helpful to co-workers and managers.
*- Other duties may be assigned in support of departmental goals
- Basic knowledge of operating a computer in a Windows based environment
- Prior experience working with the public, in outbound calling, customer service or retail sales is preferred
- Good command of the English language with a clear, confident speaking voice
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to learn sales scripts and follow direction regarding calling performance
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks (dialing the telephone, typing on a keyboard)
- Ability to work a minimum of four 4-hour shifts per week.
- Frequent use of hands to handle, grasp, and feel.
- Frequent desk-based computer tasks, and heavy telephone use
- Frequently sit, stand, reach, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Ability to speak clearly with sufficient hearing to communicate effectively.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, Segerstrom Center for the Arts will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform essential functions of their job
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasional work on the weekends
- Noise level in the work environment fluctuates and may be noisy during live events and performances.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.