To ensure the safety of our guests, Segerstrom Center has implemented security checks for those entering our venues.
All patrons attending an event at the Center are subject to screening by Segerstrom Center’s trained security personnel. This may include, but is not limited to, a visual inspection, a bag inspection, a metal detection inspection, and an interview.
We ask for your cooperation and for consideration of non-essential items brought with you to the theater. We encourage patrons to leave large purses and bags at home or safely secured in a vehicle. Any item larger than a small clutch or wallet may be subject to a security inspection.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other patrons, or which are in violation of venue policies. Any patron who declines to be searched may be denied entry or ejected from Segerstrom Center for the Arts.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all in Segerstrom Center for the Arts events venues
- Weapons, pepper spray/mace, flares, fireworks
- Food, beverage*, alcohol, cans, bottles, flasks, coolers, drugs, illegal substances
- Pamphlets, product samples
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs, beach balls
- Laptop/Tablet computers, 2-way radios, laser pointers
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Noise making devices: air horns, drums, whistles
- Professional Recording Devices: audio or video
- Bags (backpacks, large bags, suitcases, luggage)
- Animals (with the exception of trained service animals and service animals in training for Patrons with disabilities)
- Drones, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
*The only exception is unopened plastic water bottle one liter or smaller.
This list is subject to change. Please contact the Center for event specific policies and information.
Patrons, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the venues. Segerstrom Center for the Arts does not provide weapon lockers and will not check in weapons at Guest Services. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Patrons found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the venues or dispose of it. Patrons who refuse to comply will be ejected from the venues.
Code of Conduct
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Patrons have a right to expect an environment where:
- Patrons will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel.
- Patrons will enjoy every event free from disruptive patron behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Patrons will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage Patron will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Patrons will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Patrons who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the stage/performance areas will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- Patrons will smoke, including the use of e-cigarettes and vaping, in designated smoking areas only.
- Patrons will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Patrons will also be responsible for their own positive experience by reporting inappropriate behavior to venue staff.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts’ staff has been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that Patrons who ignore Code of Conduct do not interfere with other Patrons' ability to enjoy an event. Patrons who violate Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest.
All Patrons must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Patrons who engage in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the venue and may be subject to arrest. Ejected patrons may not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
Disorderly conduct may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Intentionally blocking the view of other patrons by standing on chairs or placing children on shoulders or other such acts
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- "Mooning" or exposing private body parts
- Interference with or delay of the event
- Violation of Segerstrom Center for the Arts’ event policies
- Violation of the local, state, and federal laws and statues
- Igniting and display of flames, i.e. lighters / matches
- Attempting to enter the performance areas, stage or backstage areas without permission
- Throw, discharge, or launch any liquid substance or objects
- Willfully and maliciously disturbing another Patron / employee with loud and unreasonable noise
- Using profanity and/or offensive words, which are likely to provoke a violent reaction from others
- Taunting or using offensive language against the performers, production, or venue staff
All Patrons in attendance are required to wear a shirt and shoes at all times for their own safety. Segerstrom Center for the Arts management reserves the right to deny entry to patrons wearing clothing items displaying offensive text and/or images.
Patrons may only access the venues with a valid ticket to the event or credential authorized by Segerstrom Center for the Arts. Backstage and performance areas may only be accessed with a proper credential. Patrons who are found to be in these locations without tickets or proper credentials will be subject to ejection and/or arrest.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are expected to obey all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages. In addition, the following items are to be noted:
- Segerstrom Center reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who appears to be impaired
- There shall be a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverages sold to each Patron, per purchase, per valid ID.
- Any patron who appears to be younger than the age of thirty-five (35) may be asked to show positive identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages. Acceptable forms of valid United States identification are: Driver's License, Passport, United States Passport Card, State Issued I.D. Card w/ Photo, Military I.D. w/ Photo and Mexican Consular Card.
- Segerstrom Center for the Arts reserves the right to eject anyone under the age of twenty-one (21) who is observed to be in possession of, or consuming alcohol on the premises.
- Service of alcohol will stop at least thirty (30) minutes before the end of the event.
- Patrons must discard alcoholic beverages prior to exiting the venues, or designated consumption areas on the Julianne and George Argyros Plaza.
Animals or pets of any kind are prohibited in Segerstrom Center for the Arts with the exception of trained service animals and service animals in training for Patrons with disabilities. Service animals are welcome inside the venues, but must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. Service animals will rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability, rather than in the aisle. A Patron whose service animal poses a threat to the safety of, or is causing a disturbance for, other Segerstrom Center for the Arts Patrons, performers, and employees may be asked to escort the animal off the premises.