For a complete listing of Safety and Security policies click here
What security measures does Segerstrom Center have in place?
All patrons attending an event at the Center are subject to screening by Segerstrom Center’s trained security personnel. This may include, but is not limited to, a visual inspection, a bag inspection, a metal detection inspection, and an interview.
We ask for your cooperation and for consideration of non-essential items brought with you to the theater. We encourage patrons to leave large purses and bags at home or safely secured in a vehicle. Any item larger than a small clutch or wallet may be subject to a security inspection.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other patrons, or which are in violation of venue policies. Any patron who declines to be searched may be denied entry or ejected from Segerstrom Center for the Arts
What items are prohibited at the venues?
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited. This list is subject to change. Please contact the Center for event specific policies and information.
- Weapons, pepper spray/mace, flares, fireworks
- Food, beverage*, alcohol, cans, bottles, flasks, coolers, drugs, illegal substances
- Pamphlets, product samples
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs, beach balls
- Laptop/Tablet computers, 2-way radios, laser pointers
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Noise making devices: air horns, drums, whistles
- Professional Recording Devices: audio or video
- Bags (backpacks, large bags, suitcases, luggage)
- Animals (with the exception of trained service animals and service animals in training for Patrons with disabilities)
- Drones, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
*The only exception is unopened plastic water bottle one liter or smaller.
Are weapons allowed at your venues?
Patrons, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the venues. Segerstrom Center for the Arts does not provide weapon lockers and will not check in weapons at Guest Services. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Patrons found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the venues or dispose of it. Patrons who refuse to comply will be ejected from or denied entrance to the venues.
Do you have a code of conduct?
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience. Patrons have a right to expect an environment where:
- Patrons will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel.
- Patrons will enjoy every event free from disruptive patron behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Patrons will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage Patron will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Patrons will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Patrons who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the stage/performance areas will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- Patrons will smoke, including the use of e-cigarettes and vaping, in designated smoking areas only.
- Patrons will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
Patrons will also be responsible for their own positive experience by reporting inappropriate behavior to venue staff.