Segerstrom Center for the Arts announces a job opening
ASSISTANT, COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
If you are a person with positive and engaging interpersonal skills who loves to work with education groups and artists, and have a desire to help others, this is the position for you. You will be working with a dynamic organization, presenting some of the best entertainment throughout all of Southern California.
After reviewing the job description, you may apply by submitting your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may also fax your resumé to (714) 241-7315
This position is responsible for administrative duties associated with the Center's Arts Teach program and other Community Partnerships
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned or changed at the discretion of supervisor.
Responsible for a high level of detailed communication skills for one of the largest rosters of Teaching Artists in the nation.
Assists in organizing, planning and implementing the following specific Education programs:
Arts Teach & ArtsConnect
Community Programs and Alliances
• Facilitate all Arts Teach booking requests
• Facilitate all district paperwork
• Address and diffuse customer service related matters
• Monitor and maintain Arts Teach email and voicemail communication with close attention to detail
• Write check requests for Arts Teach
• Process incoming payments for Arts Teach
• Assist with annual Arts Teach Artist Showcase
• Process school paperwork for Arts Teach bookings
• Process artist paperwork for Arts Teach bookings
• Contact and monitor schools for contract follow-up
• Coordinate Arts Teach Scholarship program
• Write, edit & maintain artist introductions
• Write and maintain artist technical requirements
• Process annual Arts Teach artist contracts
• Assist with updating content and maintenance of Arts Teach website
• Coordinate meetings with local PTA chapters as assigned or as needed
• Track and report Arts Teach statistics (weekly reports and intranet)
• Update and monitor artist availability
• Monitor artist performance quality through evaluation forms, communication with schools and site visits
• Assist in planning audience engagement activities for main stage programming
• Assist Manager, Community Programs and other staff as needed
• Assist with other department programs and Center events as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must have:
• Strong intra/interpersonal, people skills.
• Strong eye for detailed oriented work.
• Ability to plan, organize and manage projects of varying complexity in an efficient and professional manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to organize, motivate, specialized personnel, volunteers, educators, interns, artists and students.
• Ability to effectively manage several muti-layered tasks simultaneously, professionally and efficiently.
• Be able to plan, implement, manage, analyze and report on tasks, programs and events effectively and efficiently.
• Must be able to delegate while assuring a level of quality expected by the organization.
• Expected to interpret organizational and professional policies, making them relevant to operational duties.
• Requires a valid California Drivers License with appropriate state-required insurance coverage.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience with some level of accreditation and or a combination of experiences to qualify for an instructional credential, and/or certification in arts administration. Advanced degree preferred. Experience and training or a good understanding of theater production, as well as exceptional organizational skills, is essential.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Segerstrom Center for the Arts does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.