Segerstrom Center for the Arts is seeking to hire: Security Event Officers
The Role of Security at Segerstrom Center for the Arts
Security plays an important role with the Center to ensure a safe, secure and friendly environment for all patrons, performers, guests and staff who work or attend events within the Center campus. Officers are the eyes and ears for The Center and their most important role is to observe and report.
The Security Department and its officers provide the safeguards necessary to protect people and property through prevention and deterrence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned or changed at the discretion of management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Patrol and inspect the facility and report security and general maintenance problems to Stage Door.
- Patrol assigned areas. Check for suspicious or dangerous occurrences.
- Prevent patrons from bringing prohibited items into the buildings.
- Enforce parking regulations.
- Use radio communication to provide information to other Event and Stage Door Officers.
- Observe and report incidents, await arrival of emergency personnel and direct them to the scene of an incident. Provide aid when appropriate.
- Monitor guest activities at weddings, concerts, outdoor events, etc.
- Follow and enforce established policies and procedures.
- Provide information and directions to patrons and employees.
- Wear the Security Department uniform.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate situations and use good judgment in resolving issues.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Exercise alertness and be able to act quickly, calmly and with good judgment in an emergency.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Possess a valid California driver's license.
Candidate must successfully complete a background check.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@SCFTA.org