MANAGER, PROSPECT MANAGEMENT and RESEARCH
You will be working with a dynamic organization, presenting some of the best entertainment throughout all of Southern California.
After reviewing the job description, you may apply by submitting your resume and salary history to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may also fax your resume to (714) 241-7315
Key Responsibilities of the Position
This is a full time position primarily responsible for the management of prospect research and donor data related to prospect management for the entire Development Department, with specific emphasis on overall prospect management and prospects related to the Center's Capital Campaign and Board Development committee. Management of these activities includes: budgeting, planning, in-depth donor research and strategy. The manager is also responsible for leading the Development team regarding standards for donor information related to prospect management in Tessitura, the Center's customer relationship management database.
The Manager, Prospect Management and Research will report to Vice President of Development and works collaboratively with the Associate Vice President and other Development staff.
- Use data mining and predictive modeling techniques to identify new prospects.
- Ensure effective integration of prospect screening data as appropriate.
- Pull targeted lists to support special events and Major Gifts/Circles and other development outreach efforts.
- Conduct biographical and financial research using recognized prospect research procedures, electronic databases, on-line reference resources, and printed resources.
- Create reports on prospect information and collected research, integrating information from a variety of sources into a format designed for efficient review. Reports will include full bios, thumbnails for special events, short summaries for board members and other formats as requested.
- Create prospect-related materials for Capital Campaign and Board Development committee meetings.
- Maintain a prospect management process/system in Tessitura that includes solicitation plans and other information as appropriate.
- Train Development staff on the implementation of the prospect management system.
- Actively participate in cultivation/solicitation planning through meetings such as the Department's Individual Donor Strategy.
- Work with Development Coordinator and Manager, Special Campaigns to track moves/management of Capital Campaign and Board prospects.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of donor research experience
- Strong computer and database management skills; familiarity with the Tessitura database is highly desired.
- Superior oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Regularly problem solve and negotiate with tact and diplomacy
- Successful candidate will be expected to adhere to the Code of Ethics of APRA, the professional association related to prospect research and fundraising
- Personable, positive and diplomatic individual with integrity and a sense of humor, who works effectively with Board, donors, volunteers and staff
- Strong initiative, self-confidence, creativity, and entrepreneurial skills, who enjoys working as a team player but also has the capability to work independently and as a self-starter
- Well-organized, able to plan and manage strategically yet have sufficient focus on details to assure effective implementation and follow through
- Genuine interest in the arts who understands and supports the Center's mission with natural ability to articulate this mission and role to others
- An innate ability to inspire those working with him/her toward accomplishing common objectives and goals
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. This position works normal business hours with periodic evenings and weekends required. The salary will be commensurate with the level of experience required for this position.