Part-Time Calling Center Representative
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is looking for motivated, sales minded individuals to join its team of outbound calling representatives. The Center’s Calling Center assists the Development and Marketing departments with outbound calls to solicit donations and season ticket sales. This part-time position involves calling the Center’s existing donor and customer base, discussing various membership levels and/or subscription offers and processing donations and season ticket package sales. Calling Center Representatives work a minimum of four 4-hour shifts per week.
- Making outbound calls to Center donors and ticket buyers
- Soliciting membership in the Center’s Friends of the Center program
- Soliciting season ticket package sales
- Processing membership and subscription sales
- Basic knowledge of operating a computer in a Windows based environment
- Prior experience working with the public in outbound calling, customer service or retail sales is preferred
- Good command of English and clear, confident speaking voice
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to learn sales scripts and follow direction regarding calling performance
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion tasks (dialing the telephone, typing on a keyboard)
- Ability to work a minimum of four 4-hour shifts per week
- General office hours: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm with additional hours on performance days
- Office is open 7-days a week and holidays, applicant must be available to work weekends
- Weekly schedules range between 10 and 30 hours for part time
To apply for this position:
- Calling Center Representatives receive an hourly rate of pay and commission on sales
- This is a part-time non-exempt position and is not eligible for Center health and welfare benefits
- Representatives can work afternoon (2pm – 6pm) and evening (5pm – 9pm) shifts Monday – Friday, along with a morning shift on Saturdays (9am – 1pm)
Please send cover letter and resume to: jobs@SCFTA.org
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your submission.
Please, no phone calls. Segerstrom Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Background checks are performed and our job offers are contingent upon a successful screen.