Sign Up to Become an Usher! CLICK HERE
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is looking for enthusiastic, customer service oriented individuals to become volunteer ushers. Our volunteer ushers provide invaluable services by assisting patrons to their seats, answering questions, and most importantly, creating a pleasant and welcoming environment for our patrons. As a volunteer, you will have an opportunity to meet many new and exciting people as well as having the opportunity to see quality performances. Volunteers are the backbone of our usher program and we value your interest and generous donation of time.
Segerstrom Center recruits new volunteer ushers throughout the year. The next recruitment meetings will be held on the following dates and times:
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7pm
Meetings will be held at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, in the Firebird Cafe and will last approx. 1 ½ hours. Enter at the glass doors closest to the box office.
Some of the requirements to volunteer usher:
• Must have excellent customer service skills
• The willingness to work as a team and a dedication to patron service
• The ability to climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time
• Must be 18 years old and not in high school
• Must wear and provide white shirt, black slacks and solid black flat shoes, no open front or back. Shirts must be purchased from Friar Tux at South Coast Plaza. Men's shirt Product S 905 in style 905 or women's shirt S 2270-70.
• Be able to make a commitment of one day per week to usher
At the recruitment meeting, volunteer ushers admitted to the program will be asked to make a commitment that evening. Once admitted, you will be given dates to attend an orientation meeting as well as a safety meeting – both required for becoming an usher.
Again, thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at the recruitment meetings!