THEATER OPERATIONS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
The Theater Operations and Telecommunications Administrator serves as administrator for the Theater Operations department and for all telecommunications systems and procedures for Segerstrom Center for the Arts. This position reports to the Director of Theater Operations.
- Maintaining, updating, and troubleshooting the Center's telecommunications system and coordinating and advancing telecommunications changes and special projects. Managing all telecom vendor accounts and maintaining contacts within the industry. Maintaining extensive listing of all lines throughout the Center in the call accounting system, coordinating monthly reporting, and advance planning for system upgrades.
- Supports the preparation of financial settlements, in close coordination with the Director of Theater Operations primarily for the Resident Organizations, Special Event and Corporate Renter engagements. Participates as one of the department backups for Broadway settlements.
- Oversees the departmental invoice system, tracks expenses for approval and maintains accurate accounting of expenses within the departmental budget structure to ensure that Center settlements are accurate and timely. Maintains accurate data collection and analysis of critical department expenses.
- Maintain petty cash for the Theater Operations department, reconciling statements, requesting cash, and distributing as necessary. Manages the Theater Operations department corporate credit card for departmental use, including approving purchases, obtaining necessary paperwork and reconciling each purchase on a monthly basis.
- Invoice vendors on a monthly and quarterly basis, including following up on past due amounts and tracking payments. Prepare internal departmental recharges for operational costs incurred, including labor, front of house, and production expenses.
- Balance administrative tasks for Theater Operations department to allow a smooth and efficient workflow throughout the department. Provide process information and procedural guidance regarding administrative tasks for Theater Operations administrative and management team to allow efficient and effective performance and to insure consistency across all areas and departments.
- Serves as the Thops representative for the planning and screening committee for the internship program and acts as the primary intern liaison and program administrator on a case-by-case basis dependent upon intern's needs or goals.
- Coordinate with all departments and Director, Security & Public Safety to define and implement the roles of the 'Department Safety Representatives', including coordinating companywide safety training, quarterly safety reporting, and participating actively in the 'Safety Steering Committee.' Maintain accurate records for all Incident Reporting of patrons and employees alike.
- Provide data entry of statistics for attendance and performance tracking, to maintain the statistical history of all Center activity in all performances spaces in close coordination with the Director of Theater Operations.
- Manage the Vice President's Outlook calendar for meeting requests and arranging meetings as directed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills; attention to detail
- Team player – ability to develop and maintain positive, goal-oriented relationships with all other departments
- Exercise creativity, initiative and good judgment in the handling of all internal and external customers
This is a hourly (non-exempt) position, eligible for Center benefits. Work hours are normal Center operating hours with periodic evenings and weekends required. The pay rate will be commensurate with the level of experience required for this position.
Interested candidates may submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please include salary history.