Untitled DocumentJob Title: Non-Union Theater Operations Crew
Department: Production / Event Operations
Reports to: Production / Event Operations Staff
FLSA Status: Part-Time
Date Updated: Sept. 10, 2012
POSITION SUMMARY: This part-time position is responsible for supporting production and event elements in all non-union event spaces throughout the Center. This includes a variety of events such as stage shows, receptions, meetings, rentals, and community events. Additionally, this position will assist in facilities maintenance, equipment storage, and general support of all other departments at the Center.
• Setting up, running, and tearing down of various events including but not limited to:
- Building risers
- Creating seating configurations (chairs, tables, etc.)
- Setting audio, lighting, and video systems
- Setting event décor
- Running show related equipment (those who excel may have the opportunity to advance into roles of more responsibility and more involvement in our shows, such as stage hands, stage technicians, and stage managers)
- Selling Merchandise
- Other general theater operations duties
• Assist with regular maintenance and upgrades to Center equipment
• Aid in equipment inventory and storage organization
• Overall support of all Center departments
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Technical theater knowledge is preferred, but not required
• Proficiency in basic computer knowledge and office programs preferred, but not required
• Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of staff as well as outside parties such as artists, vendors, and clients.
• Proactive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
• Demonstrates a helpful and cooperative conduct to co-workers.
• Willing to work efficiently and safely in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Should have a somewhat flexible schedule able to accommodate constantly shifting production and events needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do a range of physical activities, including walking, running, pushing, and pulling; demonstrate manual dexterity while using hands to finger, handle, or feel, including use of keyboard. Employee must also talk and hear. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee may be required to climb a ladder. Clear vision is required by this job including close and at a distance, as well as the ability to see color.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. When in event spaces, the noise levels can be very loud, work areas are subject to low and high intensity lighting levels, and varying degrees of temperature.
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Shifts can range between 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. and even beyond. We do not guarantee hours, but do our best to evenly schedule crew members based on a seniority, skill level, and availability system.
To apply for this position:
E-mail applications to: jobs@SCFTA.org
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your submission.