Segerstrom Center for the Arts announces a temporary job opening for a Human Resources Generalist (temporary)
The position is open due to a scheduled maternity leave. The length of assignment will be September 2012 through February 2013 and will be full-time. It is important to commit to work the entire leave period.
Please review the responsibilities and qualifications below and if interested, you may email your resume to email@example.com
Under the direct supervision of the HR Director, this position is primarily responsible for weekly processing of payroll, benefits administration and general HR related duties as assigned.
- Process bi-weekly payroll in Kronos (approximately 350 checks per pay period), including check processing, printing and distribution for both union and non-union pay groups.
- Accurately input all payroll related data necessary to process and meet bi-weekly deadlines.
- Process FSA payments for bi-weekly payroll.
- Reconcile payroll including, all benefits deductions, FSA and 403b contributions.
- Prepare payroll taxes for submission
• Prepare and distribute various payroll, GL & Union reports
- Maintain accuracy in Kronos by updating change data in a timely manner including, new hires and terminations
- Reconcile the monthly benefits statements
- Create PO's for benefit statements
- Add or terminate employees electing benefits.
- Prepare PO's for union annuity, union dues and national pension fund.
- Prepare and distribute reports for garnishments and submit by PO and wire transfer.
- Assist with open enrollment, including annual enrollment meetings, documents, data gathering and working with various carriers on reports and monthly billing.
Human Resources Administration
- Workers Compensation
- Administer workers compensation program as needed when an accident and/or injury occurs
- Maintain employee records and communication with medical facilities, physicians and WC carrier.
- Prepare annual audit data for annual WC audit
- Retirement (403b)
- Maintain 403b records in Kronos system
- Process changes as needed
- Work with representative to schedule employee meetings
- Prepare spreadsheet for annual discrimination test and materials for 403B audit.
Other Assigned Duties
- Review unemployment claims and process paperwork for claims review and potential denial
- Accurately maintain employee files and data.
- Demonstrates at all times a courteous and helpful demeanor to all co-workers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers in order to promote a quality customer service image.
- Demonstrates attention to performance excellence, accuracy and timeliness.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate Excel and Word capabilities
- Experienced with automated payroll systems (Kronos highly desired) and employee group benefit administration.
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is a equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of this organization that no employee or applicant will be discriminated against for any reason.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume, and cover letter expressing interest in this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.