MANAGER, FRIENDS MEMBERSHIP
If you are a person with positive and engaging interpersonal skills who loves to work with groups and have a desire to help others, this is the position for you. You will be working with a dynamic organization, presenting some of the best entertainment throughout all of Southern California.
The Manager of the Friend Membership Program is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive membership program to raise over $800k for the Center's arts and education programming each year. The Manager will oversee a direct mail program, Calling Center staff, gift acknowledgements, gift processing, benefit development/fulfillment, program goal setting and budget. The Manager will also develop all collaterals, emails and website messaging for the Friends Membership Program of more than 5,200 members.
The position will report directly to the Director, Individual Giving, but he/she will assist the VP/AVP of Development as needed in support of the individual giving goals.
- Responsible for all direct mail campaigns: renewals, acquisition campaigns, matching challenge campaigns, Lapsed, Year End, Fiscal Year End, Almost There (membership upgrade), subscription renewals (Friends) and other special campaigns applicable to annual fundraising to meet Center Fund goals.
- Mange all Friends gift acknowledgement letters (i.e., renewals, new acquisitions, Monthly Giving Club, matching gifts, matching challenge "thank you" letters, In Memory, tribute, membership upgrade etc.)
- Responsible for a variety of direct mail strategies, donor cultivation and stewardship through direct mail channels that will engage new donors and continue the retention of current donors
- Responsible for managing all Friends of the Center member-only events including event list pulls and donor invitations
- Coordinate with Special Events departmental regarding event logistics (catering, room setup, audio visual requirements, signage, etc.) and event budget
- Responsible for compiling invite lists and post event follow-up reports in regard to Friends events: total number of RSVPs, number of event attendees, flow of the event and feedback related to the overall guest experience.
Calling Center (Telefunding)
Collateral Materials / File Organization
- Manage the Calling Center staff which includes: one manager, one supervisor and six part-time in-house Calling Center Representatives.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and the Calling Center Manager to interview and selection process of Calling Center Representatives.
- Responsible for training all new Calling Center Representatives on the use of Tessitura
- Responsible for annually updating the Calling Center Desk Reference Manual with revised and up-to-date information that relates to policies and procedures
- Management of the Friends Table; work with Calling Center Manager and Supervisor to ensure the Friends Table has the necessary supplies for engaging donors
- Provide lead generation for Tele-funding program
- Work closely with Manager of Development Systems to reconcile and process all incoming gifts
- Coordinate various campaign strategies for the Calling Center, as well as work closely with Calling Center Manager for incentive strategies for Calling Center Representatives
- Work with outside designers and in-house marketing and education staff in the design, content, messaging of all Friends collateral materials (i.e., brochures, rack cards, inserts, mailing envelopes etc.)
- Responsible for developing a strategy with Individual Giving Director to increase visibility of the Friends program and to increase donor retention rates and annual membership renewals.
- Responsible for the organization of all Friends materials, distribution of materials through Segerstrom Center campus and during special events which help to elevate the Friends program
- Responsible for oversight of all updates to the Friends pages on the Center's website.
- Work with marketing and education to ensure accuracy of information, as well as the design, layout, content and text of the web pages, eBlasts, matching challenge web pages etc.
- Work with Associate Vice President to develop fundraising strategy and messaging for interactive media.
- Annual budget and goal setting for both direct mail and Telefunding
- Responsible for all invoice processing
- Some in-person solicitation of Friends gifts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Two to three years of development or other fundraising experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills are essential to the position.
- Strong computer aptitude; skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience with donor database management; familiarity with the Tessitura database
- Facility with social media like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and web development highly desirable.
- Experience or knowledge of the performing arts.
The successful candidate will embrace the essential components of a strong team: open communication, trust, respect, loyalty, and shared vision. Additionally:
- Excellent inter-personal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple, high-priority projects simultaneously in a timely and professional manner
- The desire to help others and a willingness to work as part of a team
- Strong sense of urgency and persistence in achieving goals and completing projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with high-level donors and patrons
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills; attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY: After reviewing the job description, you may apply by submitting your resume and salary history to
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also fax your resume to (714) 241-7315.